Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Freek zine

If you can tear yourself away for a moment from the ruthless twazmuppeting of poor Sir Fred, do check out Freekly. It’s an application that tracks your iTunes listening habits to create a bespoke weekly music magazine, drawn from the archives of Rock’s Backpages. Well, that’s the idea, at least. The temptation is surely to listen to nothing but Nurse With Wound or The Saturdays, just to push the product to the limit. But what’s wrong with that?

And if you don’t get the laboured pun in the post title:

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm pretty good with any excuse to listen to Dinosaur Jr., actually.

Freekly looks intriguing. Though I'm slightly afraid of what it will tell me.

We have nothing to fear but we ourselves.

Valerie said...

Okay, so I've been listening to RuPaul, The Fall, Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros and Gnarls Barkley all week and this is what Freekly came up with for me:

Tori Amos, from 1992
David Bowie, from 1977
Peter, Paul and Mary, from 1998

I think it must be going off my library rather than my most recent listening...

Tim F said...

Peter, RuPaul and Barkley?