Saturday, October 01, 2011

Are you that somebody?

Once again, proof that the 12th commandment (after the one about not getting found out) is “Thou shalt not self-Google”. A peculiar site called True Knowledge, that appears to leach text from Wikipedia and rephrase it as a question, like some clunky, opportunistic rewrite of the quiz show Jeopardy!, throws up the following: “What was Tim Footman’s profession?” Which feels like digital footprints over my grave. While we’re on that subject, my hideously Caucasian tones can be heard interrupting those of many better qualified persons, in the first instalment of Gone Too Soon, Radio 1XTra’s series about deceased black pop stars. This one concerns the lovely and talented Aaliyah, about whom I wrote a book some years back (still available at your local bookshop, if such a thing exists). It’s on at 9pm on Sunday, although you can of course hear it via Radio Teletubby (Listen Again! Again!) at your leisure.

7 comments:

Charles Edward Frith said...

What was the inspiration for writing the book Tim?

Tim F said...

1500 quid.

Michele R. Strüb said...

;o]

Tim F said...

I hope that means you liked it, Michele. Personally, I was startled by how posh and languid I sounded.

Michele R. Strüb said...

Tim, it meant I was softly giggling at your response to question of inspiration: "1500 quid"
of course, now I must read for promise of posh and languid language

Michele R. Strüb said...

so, I just ordered your book from Amazon (US) -- compelled ;o]
WOW --I read through reviews (raves) -- and no complaints of posh OR languid sounds -- cheers! looking forward to it --

Tim F said...

Hey, thanks, Michele. No, the book's not languid. But it does have lots of nice pictures.